"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Sunday, October 29, 2006

NOVEMBER AT THE DOOR...


I can't believe we're almost in November, time flies so quickly !
While doing some handpiecing, this afternoon, I was thinking about my quilting goals for this coming month. Better write them black on white, before they vanish :
"Gratitude" >>> Judy Laquidara's 1 hour a day new project.
"Sunbonnet" >>> finish the top (= piece the borders)
"Shipshewana Blessings" >>>> piece 10 blocks. (2 or 3 a week)
"Country Bears" >>> finish the hand quilting. (evenings)
Redwork enbroidery >>> make 4 more squares. (1 a week)
I'll stick to these five items, as I want to give me reachable goals, in order to avoid any frustration by the end of the month (I've learned my lesson...).
I should also work on my "Primitive Folk Applique Group" project, but I feel a little bit "lost", discouraged, way way behind. I 'm not very far with my 2006 project (I think I chose it tooooooo big), and we're already planning a 2007 one (which is logical). I should have passed my turn for the coming year, but once again I was "trapped" by my enthusiasm..... (did I say I'd learned my lesson ?).
I was feeling kind of blue these days. The tradition here is to flourish the graves in November, to celebrate our beloved ones. I think about my mum, my grandmother. I miss my mum. Not for the good moments we shared (there weren't so many), but for the ones we never knew. Now I know it was not her fault and I know she loved me her way... I miss my grandmother, who did sooo much for me, trying to "balance" my life. She laughed (and loved) so easily, and she could make miracles with one penny ! She would be 100 years old now. I bless her....
So I decided to fight against that blues. Guess how ? A new project, of course !
For a long time, I wanted to try some machine piecing "à la Bonnie Hunter"... and I did ! I pieced a nice "Trip Around the World". Oh, I just love it ! I still have to put borders and then I'll send a photo...
"QUILTING HEALS THE WOUNDED HEART"...
GRATITUDES
***************
* A peaceful Sunday.
* A good Belgian home made lunch : "chicons au gratin"
* My grandson Andrea walks since this morning !
* Today, we tasted (and approved) the Lemoncello liqueur that we made last summer with my sis'-in-law. (Next week she's going to Italy and will bring back big jars olive oil for the whole family...).
* Feeling better now.

9 comments:

  1. Quilting does heal the heart, doesn't it. I'm glad that you were able to move past the sad memories to the blessings. I can't wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nadine, you are so right--November is knocking at the door, and where has October flown to?? I love Autumn most of all...but it is truly a 'bittersweet' season :D. I'm glad you were able to move post the 'blues' and start something new! ;) Can't wait to see your Bonnie Hunter quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better. Can't believe that Halloween is almost here!

    What was the PFA project that you were doing - I can't remember. Did you get tired of it or did it get pushed aside for other things. Maybe you can take it out after the first of the year and try again - maybe it'll seem almost like a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be busy this month with your quilting projects. I like your Halloween mat. It's horrid having the blues isn't it? Losing yourself in crafts or a book always helps - I'm glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great list of goals. Congratulations to Andrea and enjoy that lemoncello and the olive oil, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, time is flying by so fast. You have a good list of goals to work on. Good luck to you.
    It is a good time to remember the departed. I have spent a good deal of time wishing for moments we could have shared but didn't, with live and deceased people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that would also heal the wounded heart -- Lemoncello and good Italian olives.

    November and February are both hard months - dark, wet, rainy. Good months to quilt I guess - and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your halloween mat is very very nice.ciao from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that blue mood is beginning to lift, Nadine.

    Your goal list looks manageable--I tend to put way to many suggestions on mine and then end up moving them to the next month. Some gets done and new things added that I never even planned. You too?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !