"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Friday, September 8, 2006

SMALL HOUSE........ BIG LIST !



(on this photo, you can see my tiniest UFO.....It's a shame ! I promise to finish it tonight!)

MY AUTUMN/WINTER (BIG) LIST

*************************************

CURRENT PROJECTS "ON THE TABLE" :

- Hexagons tote bag - handpieced - ready to be quilted

- "Floral Delight" (a Lori Smith pattern) - Needleturn appliqué

- "Shipshewana Blessings" - Amish style handpieced sampler blocks

- "Sunbonnet through the year" - one last block to hand applique

- "Safe Haven" (Thimbleberries) - 5 handpieced blocks, under 12

Hand quilting :

- Country Teddy Bears (single bed) - (sandwiched)

- "Bunnies Garden Party" (single bed) - (sandwiched)

- "Toffees" (single bed) - (sandwiched)

QUILTED - JUST NEEDING BINDING :

- "A new beginning" (double sized bed) (done for my DH 50th birthday..... he's 55 now !..... A very patient man!).

DREAM PROJECTS IN A CORNER OF MY MIND :

- "String Stars" (see Bonnie Hunter 's and Lucy "Quilting with the Past" blogs)

- "Gayle Bong's "Potluck quilt" (from her book "Save the scraps") (See also Lucy's blog)

- Lori Smith's "A tribute to American Quilters" (applique)

- "Watermelon Quilt" - Norwegian author (See "Hanne's Quilt corner" blog)

- Blackbird Designs's "Midnight Silhouette"

- A scrappy "Thousand Pyramids" (See Bonnie Hunter's "Quiltville" web site)

V O I L A !!!

GRATITUDES

***************

- Nice and thrilling quilting projects

- Nice and helping quilting friends

- Nice, understanding, hard working, problems solving,..... husband

- Nice caring children

- Nice and simple life




This block was part of a cute little quilt I saw 5 years ago in a French quilt magazine publicity. Unfortunately, I couldn't order it (no information at all).

It haunted my mind and I decided to draw it on a paper pattern sheet, changing some details in respect of the (unknown) author.

My impulse was stopped when I realized that it had to be paper-pieced, for an optimal result!

I really am VERY bad at paper-piecing.... A good quilting friend of mine did it for me, as a Christmas present, and I really LOVE it ! It hangs on our chimney wall... (Thanks, Simone !)


It's evening now : I'd better go back quilting !





5 comments:

  1. love that little house block - your list is daunting - I hesitate to start such a list for myself but maybe later today ... Juliann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big list of things to do! I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your list. I think you're so efficient and organized.
    I see some very quilty evenings in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nadine,a small list;))))) But this consoles me, also I have a long list and many of my jobs are becoming some ufos, inexorably :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful list -- so many beautiful quilts there!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !