Saturday, September 23, 2006
Jeanne asked for the recipe : my pleasure !
For a "family casserole", you will need :
- About 2 lbs peeled and sliced pumkin,
-4 sliced leeks (take off the green part),
- 4 medium-size sliced potatoes
- 1 chicken breast (without bones)
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 table spoon tomato concentrate
- One cup of milk (or cream)
- salt, pepper, nutmeg.
(Sometimes, I also add a teaspoon of curry powder - it gives an "oriental" taste
You may as well choose to add some ginger - for a "glamourous" supper for two...).
1. Bring 2 liters water boiling and let the chicken breast cook in it for about 15 mins. (no salt yet ! it hardens the flesh), then chop it and put it back in the water
2. Add leeks, pumpkin, potatoes,and onions slices + salt, pepper, nutmeg and let gently cook for about 30 to 40 mins (no boiling). (You will notice that I'm an "about" cooker).
3. Mix the whole (normally it has a "light creamy" texture.... otherwise : do it again !).
4. Add milk or cream (+ chopped parsley, when handy). Taste, enjoy !
*** Kids just love this soup (DH too !). When I want it a "complete meal", I add cooked white round rice in the soup (count one handful per person + double volume salted water), and I serve it with brown bread, butter and a cheese assortment plate........
Bon appétit !
Publié par Nadine à l'adresse 8:10 AM