"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Monday, September 18, 2006

OUCH ! ! ! ! ! !

Bad, bad Sunday !
I was so happy yesterday morning : no lunch to cook, as I already prepared it on Saturday (Aubergines alla Parmigiana), no housekeeping, no ironing, no lessons to prepare for school..... thus a whooooole quilting Sunday !
My right feet was painful (I have a bone spin in the heel), so I followed the kinesisth advise and was walking (running???) bare foot to my fabric shelves...... What happened that I stumbled against the dining-room table..... and took a chair leg BETWEEN the 4th and the little toe!!!!!!
Oh, my God, was it hurting ! (and still is...) I was just sitting on the floor and crying like a child.

We went to the emergencies : the little toe was dislocated. Allright, it was not broken. But the doctor said : "take a deep breath, because I have to relocate it ! Oh, my oh my ! (and my dh, trying to relieve the pain, had put "easing" balm on it ! so it slipped) ..... It wasn't easy for the doctor (a young trainee, as it was Sunday), neither was it for me.

Believe me or not, I was completely groggy when I came home.

No quilting....... No walking........ No shoes (my foot was twice its volume).... No smile....

Today is a little better, but I coudn't go to work (no shoes, no driving). Now I'm home for the rest of the week (sort of consolation) with both my feet acking...... (sigh).

I read some day, in a medical magazine, that our little toe is not useful at all and that we could, in fact, live without it....... WHO, on earth, wrote that ????????

Anyway, I can see a smile on your face (and one on mine, too).....

GRATITUDES
***************

At least, I've got my two hands ! (and my tongue)

My beloved ones's compassion and helping feet

Nice phone calls

Frozen ready meals I always store "just in case "

Something in the air, smelling like autumn....

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Nadine - I'm so sorry! I imagine what the doctor had to do was worse than the original injury as far as pain goes. I hope you have some good books to read and handwork to do, because I don't suppose you can really run the foot pedal on your machine very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. owww.

    hope icing it helps, and hte swelling goes down quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! How painful! I have smacked my toes just like that many a time! I know how you feel! At least you didn't hurt your hands though, then you wouldn't be able to quilt!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch is right. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a heel spur too, so I know how painful that is. Then to dislocate another toe! Poor you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it's feeling better soon! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!!! I hope both of your feet are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that does sound painful. I hope the pain goes away, and you get to enjoy your week off painfree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUCH is right! I'm sure we could live without it, but if it's there and dislocated that has got to hurt like heck!

    Enjoy the time off to recouperate and feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !