"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Thursday, September 21, 2006

NOTIONS




ok, let's have a look at my sewing "things" :

1st picture : on the left is a sewing case I made last year. From time to time, we choose a hand sewing project at our bee. We decided to make our sewing case with a personal touch, for a change..... I wanted mine with a "romantic touch", something with an "oldie" look. It was not complicated, but rather long to make with all embroideries. On the right is a sewing box I bought in Spain. There are also two simple pin-cushions I made several years ago.

2nd picture : my sewing case open - all accessories (pin-cushion, scissors holder, thimble case, needles case, etc.... are removable (attached with "Velcro"), the burgundy fabric is hand quilted.

3rd picture : other side of the case, with cross stitched flowers and my initials.


And that's what Nadine makes, instead of working on her UFO's ! ! !

*************

Yet, I'm beginning to feel less pain in my feet. Slowly but surely..... As the doctor assigned me at residence and forbid me any housekeeping (bless him !) I took the opportunity of being at home to sit quietly, listening to music (or to the silence and quietness of my home) and, of course, do some quilting !


GRATITUDES
***************

a peaceful atmosphere at home

my helping husband

good surprises from some web friends

funnny film on TV

good book to read.



6 comments:

  1. glad you're feet are healing. Lovely sewing box...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great items. I like the sewing case the best.
    I've been thinking of making little things for myself too - a tissue holder for the bathroom, maybe a wallhanging also for the bathroom, and one for the kitchen. Too many UFOs keep calling me, but I might just have to take a vacation from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The case is so pretty -- your embroidery is lovely!
    Belated ouch and hope your toe gets better quickly!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing case is wonderful - I love it. And, the rectangular pin cushion is so cute! I don't have the patience to make something like your sewing case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh Nadine what a great case. You made such a lovely stuff...

    ps. did my pattern arrived you already ???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing case is truly a work of art... it looks like an antique! Keep enjoying your quiet time - don't push yourself to do housework anytime too fast because it will only make the recovery longer.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !