"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Saturday, September 23, 2006

COOKING....

Well, I didn't think my pumpkin soup would be so successful !
Aaahhh, my friends, you're unveiling my second hobby : cooking ! I mean, simple, economical, family/friendly cooking. With 4 children, and an Italian hubby, it couldn't be different.......

Some of you wondered what I meant by "mixing" : well, I use a blender to mix my soups, that makes them creamy and "velvety".....
Also, Patti asked me whether she could use canned pumpkin : of course ! Just follow the receipt as if they were fresh.... (I wish we could find canned pumpkin, here in Belgium...).

Shall I give you my tomorrow's menu ? O.K. :

Belgian meatloaf
Cauliflower gratin
Mama's mashed potatoes
Iceberg salad with home dressing.

I'll make a big Belgian meatloaf, and enough Mama's mashed potatoes, to keep the half of it for Monday's menu :

minced pie (three layers) with stewed sweet red peperonis.....


(I love "single dish" oven cooking when Autumn comes : it's easy, friendly, and it gives less dish washing (no dish-washer at home).

Well, in case you would need one of my recipes for the above, please let me know, I'll make some photos, while preparing.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !