"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TRYING MY NEW DIGITAL CAMERA...


Today is my lucky day ! I did it !

I'm always amazed about what computers can do...

Well, let me explain : this is block number 1 of my first attempt to a Primitive Folk applique pattern.
It's a Lori Smith pattern, called "Floral Delight". She originally proposed it on a tan background.... but I chose a black one, using Batiks (I LOVE them) for the appliques. There are 18 blocks in total,(!!!) so you see I've got a lot on the stove ! (Block 2 is almost ready and block 3 is in my head). I must admit that I should have chosen something smaller for my first attempt, but I'll keep working at ease, no matter how long it takes to finish...

Now, I'm going to take some other shots and I'll send them tomorrow, in order to practice.


Gratitudes
***********

Digital camera's

Computers

Home-made pizza cooking in the oven

Dinner on the terrace with DH, just the two of us...

Ice tea





4 comments:

  1. glad you were able to get your camera working! I love this block. Your applique is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is beautiful! I really love the black background. One of these days I'm going to do an appliqué on black, because it makes the colors sing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an ambitious project, but if the rest of it is as pretty as the block you finished it is going to be a superb quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !