A former student came back to school for a visit, today...... That young man had incredible difficulties to learn English, due to oral disfunctions. I used to take him by me during lunch pauses, in order to give him some additional practice, we wanted him to see a specialist but he was very aggressive and stubborn....At that time, he left our school and I wouldn't have given a dime on his future...Now, three years later, he pays me a visit, completely transformed, after a language therapy, wishing to thank me and show me his progress.....He intends to enter the university by next september.......
Teaching is sometimes so difficult, but you never know when, or where, the seeds will grow.....
What matters, in fact, is to keep "planting".
"Patience is a bitter plant but it has sweet fruit"
yoyo's : none today = total : 11
"Stars for my sister" : FINISHED !!!!! (Yeah !) (photo soon)
1. 6 new rose trees planted in my garden
2. my computer, to reach the whole world !
3. Siggy's in the mailbox (from Netherlands, Italy and the U.S.)
4. A new book to read ("My Life, so far..." - Jane Fonda)
5. It's Friday today ! ... Which means a nice quilting weekend !