"Whatever your hands find to do, verily do it with all your might" Ecclesiastes 9-10

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AGAINST ALL ODDS...

Today was my sister's 50th birthday. On this occasion, I had made a very special quilt for her (single bed size) (photo soon). It took me approx. two years to finish, as it is hand pieced and hand quilted. This gave me much time to meditate about us two, our childhood, our parents, our joys and sorrows, our children, our common passion for quilting...

She is very special to me and my only remaining family. Though 5 years younger than me, and quite smaller, she was always ready to fight for me at school, and this is still going on now : she's the one who will defend me against all odds....

We were raised in a pension school, as our parents were working in Africa (we only saw them 3 times a year and they were very strict and.... let's say "special"). So we could only count on each other.

But that's another story and , anyway, I like to think that these hard times have built the - beautiful - women we are now ! Ha !...


GRATITUDES
+++++++++++

1. My dear sister.

2. Her joy and emotion when I gave her the quilt.

3. A nice and funny quilting bee, this afternoon.

4. A prayer that brought quietness to my heart.

5 So many wonderful projects in my mind.

++++++++++++++

2 comments:

  1. I have 4 sisters and love each one of them dearly, although we don't see each other as much as I would like.

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made my heart happy to read about your sister and you.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your comments, they just make my day !